I started practicing bodywork in the Pioneer Valley in 2002. I spent the first three years working at Ochoa Day Spa in South Hadley. Which was an invaluable experience. Not only did I learn how to keep my center and stay grounded for the numerous clients I would treat in a day, but I learned the ethics of business and having a practice.
In July of 2005 I went into private practice. Which has been an exciting success. I love what I do and what I can offer my clients. I am constantly challenged and inspired by the work, the human body and learning new techniques. In January 2018 I finished a two and a half year certification program in Biodynamic CranioSacral Therapy. To learn more about this and how you may benefit from it, please visit my Craniosacral Page and/or contact me.
As well as working in my private office I spent two years (2005-2007) working with the knowledgeable practitioners and supportive staff at Northampton Wellness Associates. The doctors and other practitioners offer a holistic and gentle approach to health and medicine. For more information about the services they offer visit their website listed on the contact page.
I work out of a beautiful office Pleasant Street in downtown Northampton in which I helped build with my own hands. I share the office with Dr. Anna Abele ND and Dr Kate Klemer DC, RCST.
Please call or email to set up your next appointment.
- Nationally Certified with The National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork 2002
- Certified NeuroMuscular Therapist with the International Academy of NeuroMuscular Therapy 2007
- Registered Biodynamic CranioSacral Therapist 2018
- Member of The American Massage Therapy Association since 2005
- ACE Certified Personal Trainer (American Council on Exercise). 2004
- Practicing bodywork since 2001
- Completed over 1,000 hours of Massage Therapy, Cranial-Sacral Therapy and Polarity Therapy at the New Mexico Academy of Healing Arts in Santa Fe. This included reflexology and maternity massage. Since then I have studied Medical Massage, Sotai-ho and Hot Stone Massage, Active Isolated Stretching and most recently Myofascial Release.
- Studied herbal medicine at The Northeast School of Botanical Medicine Ithaca, NY 1998
- BA from University of Oregon, Eugene 1996
Here are some videos I was in for Expert Village…albeit a little corny, they show some action: